5 Ways To Instantly Feel Happier12:00
We all have those days where we feel a little run-down, unmotivated and uninspired. And that's totally okay. It happens to the best of us. I'm not sure that the gloomy weather at this time of year is exactly helping in that department either. But what's important is knowing how to pick up momentum again and that is just what I'll be sharing with you today. My 5 favourite mood-boosting, happiness-building tips will have you up and at it again in no time!
1. Get your blood flowing - You've probably heard it a million times before but it's so true. Exercising releases endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. So regardless of how much you don't feel like doing it, put on your gym gear and get that body moving! But don't think that spending an hour in the gym is your only option. Why not blast your favourite music and dance like no-one is watching? Trust me, you'll feel SO much happier by the end of it.
2. Indulge in a little me time - If you're in a bit of a slump, having a little pampering session will instantly make you feel better about yourself. Take a long bath. Do a homemade face mask. Paint your nails. Invite your girlfriends over and make an evening of it if you like!
3. Change your environment - I find that when I feel most uninspired and unmotivated, it's usually because I have been sitting in the same spot for hours on end. If you have the option to work or study from a new environment, whether that's a coffee shop or a library, do it! You'll find that your mood and productivity levels will instantly rocket upwards when you are feeling inspired and energised by your surroundings.
4. Get outside - It's incredible what a bit of fresh air can do for you. Make it a priority to spend a bit of time outdoors everyday. Even if it's just a 10 minute mindful walk or enjoying your morning cup of coffee outside, feeling the fresh air against your skin just somehow always makes things better.
5. Switch off - I feel like most of us have our phones glued to our hands at all times and although social media is kind of incredible, it's so important to just take a step away from technology once in a while to give your mind a break. Try switching off for 1 hour before bed and take time to enjoy your night routine, you'll notice alll the difference.
Do you have any mood-boosting tips to share? Leave them in the comments below!