Make 2017 Your Best Year: 10 Simple Lifestyle Resolutions21:12
Happy New Year! I hope that you were able to rest, recharge and enjoy time with friends and family over the holidays. Although you might not get as excited for new beginnings as myself, I think it's the perfect time to reflect on our achievements and look forward to what the future will bring.
It's important to set ourselves goals (however big or small) in order to stay focused and motivated in the months to come, so if you haven't set any resolutions just yet, I have put together a list of 10 to get you inspired. Let's make 2017 our best year yet!
Grab a notebook and jot down the ones that speak to you the most so that you can check back and ensure you stay on track throughout the year. You might also find it useful to split your goals into categories (such as personal, business, blogging, etc) but however you choose to go about your resolutions, let's get excited for a fresh start!
1. Smile more - Studies have shown that smiling more decreases your stress levels, lifts your mood and has a positive impact on those around you! So next time you're are feeling down, just take a deep breathe and smile through it.
2. Keep a gratitude journal - Take 5 minutes daily to write down 3 things that you are grateful for. This is the perfect way to unwind at the end of a long day and focus on the positives in your life.
3. Plan more adventures - Whether it's backpacking around Europe or simply visiting a new coffee shop in your area, make an effort to see and explore new things on a regular basis in order to stay inspired!
4. Meditate daily - The health benefits of meditation are plentiful. Just a few short minutes will help to sharpen your mind, gain clarity and boost overall wellbeing. It might feel a little strange at first but with daily practice it will only get easier!
5. Declutter - Make a conscious effort to sort through your belongings and let go of unwanted clutter on a regular. Having a clean and organised space will boost your productivity and focus.
6. Create a healthy morning routine - Choose 3 healthy habits to incorporate into your morning routine to ensure that you start off the day in the best possible way. Simple stretches, herbal tea and a wholesome breakfast are just a few examples.
7. Join a fun fitness class - If you find it difficult to build up the motivation to exercise, try signing up to a group fitness class. There are so many different options out there and you will find that it's so much easier to push through a difficult workout in a group setting!
8. Do more of what you love - Whether it's a change in career or simply spending more time on your hobbies, be sure to focus on the things you enjoy in life and don't be afraid to follow your passions.
9. Create a vision board - Visualising your goals is so so important. Find images that represent your desired future, arrange them on a vision board and place in your bedroom or study - some place where you can see it on a daily basis. Each time you start to feel overwhelmed or lost, return to this board and remind yourself of the future that you are creating.
10. Dream and believe big - Really believe you can succeed and you will! The size of your success is determined by the size of your belief so don't be afraid to reach for the stars.