Cacao Chai Latte Recipe16:00
Sometimes I just crave a warm and soothing drink to end the day despite the fact that it is no longer chilly outside (I'm truly a grandma at heart, I know). After a little experimentation in the kitchen, I have created the perfect milky beverage without any refined sugars, chemicals or preservatives but without compromising on taste! In addition to being guilt-free, this drink is also served with a nice bundle of health benefits. Let me run you through the ingredients...
Ground cinnamon - this spice not only acts as a flavour enhancer but is also believed to fight against fungal infections, lower bad cholesterol and stabilise blood sugar.
Raw cacao - although chocolate has a reputation for expanding the waistline, raw cacao has surprising health benefits. Cacao contains a high level of antioxidants, could reduce risk of cardiovascular disease and boosts mood-lifting endorphins in your body!
Here are the ingredients for the ultimate 'hug in a mug'
- 1 cup of almond milk (oat milk also works really well and has a creamier consistency)
- 1/2 - 1 tsp of raw cacao
- 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon
- A pinch of ground ginger
- Your choice of sweetener, e.g. honey or maple syrup
- Pour the almond milk, spices and cacao into a saucepan
- Gently heat on the stove for a few minutes and stir continuously
- Pour into your favourite mug and sweeten to taste